That my children are growing up way to fast. I have heard my parent's say it, I have even heard my grandparent's say it, that kids grow too fast. I wish I could slow down time and spend more of it with them, but I know this is what makes our little bit of time together precious.
This blog is all party due to huge transitions this year and also I really have been felling like I am getting older. Trevor started youth group at the church, which is a huge deal for him, and he has been plunged into the wonderful, but awkward teenage years. My baby girl, all of eleven years old, has started middle school, that is the the one that gets me the most. Finally, my Tristan has started preschool. He does not ride the bus BUT he brings his little backpack and drags his lunch box along so proudly, I get choked up everytime I drop him off to class.
I wish I would have realized that kids grow up so fast many years ago. I would have stopped when they wanted to show me something or listened more, the list could go on. Before I know it there will be graduations, and all that "other stuff" that comes with my beautiful children becoming adults. After all they are just little adults in training now.
Friday, September 7, 2007
I have just come to a realization.......
Posted by The Bendele Fam at Friday, September 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, you’re just making me cry! I wish I had come to the same realization when I was your age. I would not have wished away all the years of yours, Angie and Mike’s childhood. I know you are feeling that precious time has already slipped by, but I have discovered you are never too old to begin to appreciate your family. Hindsight is really not so bad, although it reveals your mistakes; it also allows for you to change your path along the journey of life. Love Mom
yes, you are right about one thing...... you sure are getting old....
Post a Comment