Life is just one great big test. I have a test in class tomorrow, I have a test to take for work, my patience is definitely being tested, another blog in itself. The one true conclusion I have come to is that no matter how much my faith is tested I stand strong. If only I could be that strong with all this other stuff going on right now.
This weekend was spent going through all the junk in our little apartment getting ready to move soon. I dearly love my husband but I could have strangled him, every time I threw something in the bag that was to go to the trash compactor, he lovingly picked it out and out came the questions. If any of you are married to a pack rat, junk collector, a person who keeps every important newspaper or Time magazine (funny story about that one), you will understand how frustrated I was becoming as I just wanted to get rid of all this junk. The questions, "Why are you throwing this out?", "What is wrong with this?" and so on to the point what I could have blown up. I just lovingly replied each time, "Please go find something to do.", "I am doing this job, who don't you try vacuuming." We finally got through all the stuff and I got to throw ll the junk out without any more questions or prodding.
Back to the Time Magazine. We have moved 3 times, going on four since we have been married, 6 years of marriage. When we moved onto Churchill, Mark acquired a magazine. After about 3 months of it laying around I tossed it out, a week later there it sat on the desk AGAIN. I let it sit for about two weeks and tossed it our again. That was pretty much the story for about 1 year. We then moved over to Summerton, which we were going through the garage on Churchill and I came across a Rubbermaid tote FILLED to the top with magazines and newspapers that I had thrown out, as I dug deeper I found the ill fated Time magazine. I then stated we really need to get rid of these things, which my pack rat, I mean husband replied okay. I then began using the paper to pack things with. Now when we moved to Ann Arbor I thought these things were out of my life forever. Recently, I threw the Time magazine away again, after about five years of dragging it along. I shredded it, which brought me much joy, I should have done that five years ago. Of course I did it right in front of my pack rat, he sat there on the Internet and did not even realize that the demise of this poor magazine was being performed in front of him. Now a couple of months ago Mark bring some of his old computer textbooks home from Mount Pleasant, what is in one of the boxes you ask. You guessed it a bunch of old newspapers he will (is going) read one day, even though they have been read numerous time. That folks is why I love my husband even though I don't always understand him. Enough said.

3 comments:
Too funny! I thought you were going to say "when I opened the box after brining it home from Mt. P, there was another stupid copy of that magazine", LOL!
Traci,Traci...don't you know you are supposed to go through those things and toss them when the kids and husband are GONE! THEN you take them directly to the dump!
Good story.
I totaly agree with Mark,since I have some 10 yr. old. However you might try what I'm now doing.Most of the magazines have one article or a couple of receipts I have started scaning them into the computer and then dumping the magazine. nana
Post a Comment