With a weekend all to myself, no kids, no hubby, just me. IT WAS MISERABLE!!! I cried when they all piled into the Explorer, gave me my kisses and hugs, and drove off into the sunset to spend a weekend in Mount Pleasant. I was so lonely, I could not sleep, could not do anything at all. I did buy a book to read, which is a pretty good read so far. But all in all my family is my life, my job. No one to cook for, no one to talk to, no one to take care of. They are all a part of my daily routine.
I sat here and looked at their pictures on the wall. I wandered into the bedrooms. When I could not sleep I found comfort in hugging on green bunny, it helped. (Green bunny is Tristan's little bunny he uses to get to sleep, he has had it since his very first Easter). I snuggled with my hubby's pillow, it smells like him. All those things were fine, but they weren't the real thing. I love Mark's pillow but to have him near is much better. I loved having green bunny, but would rather have Tristan's hugs. I loved to look at the kids on the wall smiling back at me, but the sounds of their voices would have been much better.
I know that we all take our families for granted, at least I know I do. I know that even more now they have been away from me for the weekend. It has been a very long time since I have been 100% alone in my own home but I can tell you this lifestyle is not for me. Some people like to be alone, they even cherish it. I like to be around my family, I cherish that. I find comfort in knowing that someone I love is in the next room, or that I will be doing something for them each and every day. I look forward to the laundry, cooking, cleaning and even the bickering and loud voices. My family, my comfort, I love it all.
Saturday, October 27, 2007
My Wonderful Weekend....ALONE....
Posted by The Bendele Fam at Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I still love you, you can call me if you are sad....
tracey you should take those few times that you are alone and really concentrate on you. i belive that the meaning of life or gods perfect plan is that everything comes from within. everything stems from your thoughts and that will reflect your life around you. you have to be full of joy in all situations. we miss you.
Owww, honey that is so sweet, it brought tears to my eyes,it just makes me wonder,are you NUTS... I would have given anything for a weekend alone when you kids were little. It is great to love and miss your family, but every woman should have the opportunity to be able to spend some time alone to just relaxing and rejuvenate.
I'm just glad someone else likes to smell their hubby's pillow...That brings me lots of comfort when he's gone. I can't be alone too long either before I really start to miss...but we all need our time apart. Someone once said, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" - it's so true!
Sorry you were so sad, but I would LOVE a weekend alone! I know I would miss the little boggers, but I could maybe take a long bubble bath or watch a good movie, or go shopping or scrapbook or... You should have called, I would have had a whole list of things for you to do, LOL! It is truly different not having someone to look after isn't it? Really kind of strange feeling since you do, do it on a daily basis. Hope Mark and the kids had fun, even though you were sad : )
Are you and Mark's kids really that big already. Man. Well sounds like you and I have a lot in common just to be Thankful for all that we have now and leave the past there! :) GLORY TO GOD HE'S BROUGHT ME UP AND OUT! :) I love pic's tell the fam I said hey!
Post a Comment