You hear some people say, "I made that much money last year, I have no idea where it went". Well this blog has a little something to do with that. Being my 32ND birthday today I decided to jot my thoughts about that. I made it through another year, but what happen to that year. I had a wonderful year, but I have no idea where the time went.
It seems like when I was a kid time crawled by. Days seemed to go on forever. It seemed like special things took years to roll around, but in all reality is was just a week or a couple of days. Now I know why parents get so jostled about their kids bugging them about special things. "Mom, did you know there is two more weeks until my birthday, I will never make it". That has now been replaced with, "Mom can you believe my birthday is in two weeks? I am getting so old". Which brings me to my next point......(The Fox Movie music plays now).
I have looked at my life over the last maybe ten years, seems like a well rounded number. How much I have changed, matured, come into my own if you will. Ten years ago, I had a three year old, a one year old, I was messed up and very confused, maybe (definitely) depressed. I was not sure where my life was headed but looking back now I can be sure that it was headed nowhere, the only thing good in my life then was the Lord at the end of the long road. I had a family that supported my ill-fated decisions regularly, I am sure praying diligently that I would come to my senses eventually and get my head out of my butt long enough to breath in some fresh air. Which did happen eventually, but I was the one who had to make the changes, instead I was blaming everyone for what I knew was the truth, and I was running as fast as I could away from it. That was until about 6 years ago, I decided it was time to turn around and run back. You know what happened then? I appreciated life, my family, my kids, my gramma's words of wisdom and most importantly MY MOM. Yes, her and her words all of the sudden made sense, they clicked and it was emotionally unnerving for me to accept it, but I knew it was time for a change. Instead of rolling my eyes at her advice I started to accept it and cherish it, she was weathered in that sort of thing, being older and all. That was my change and I know my life has been better because of it. No matter how much I sit and think about my age and "getting older" I really appreciate my weathering process and I would not go back to those days and change a thing. They made me who I am, I have character, and I have another random thing to blog about because of it. Kim, that I work with says, "oh you just reverse the numbers, see your only 23." I will stick with 32, seems like a fabulous age. I am exactly where I want to be with my life, to go back to younger age would just be torture. Happy Birthday to me, here is to another year of change for me, hopefully I become more wise as well. But if anyone asks I am only 21.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Another Year...Come and Gone
Posted by The Bendele Fam at Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND!! I can definitely tell that I am getting older, because I can't remember birthday's any more!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACI! HOPE IT'S GREAT! Just wish I was 32!
Happy Belated Birthday Traci! What a nice post! We are sure glad your life changed for the better, or probably would've never met you and your great family!
Post a Comment