
What a grand Thanksgiving. Lots of food, great fun, special memories and a pigeon too. You read it right, a great big, fat pigeon. We arrived at Mark's parent's house on Tuesday morning and a pigeon greeted us on the roof of the garage. I had never seen a pigeon in Central Michigan so naturally I was surprised. I did not think anything of it until Bev saw it and brought it to my attention again. I told her it was a pigeon (I am sure she was already aware) and be careful they poop everywhere..A LOT!!! After a while that crazy old bird perched out on the patio and kept our interest peaked for several hours, we would turn on the light to make sure it was still there. This went on all night and even into the next day, that bird was our entertainment, we need a hobby, I know. After a while we thought it might be sick, so the boys went outside and did what boys do...I won't tell what they did do, Animal Rights will come take them away, on second thought....Well Jerry kept teasing that we were going to eat this little (actually quite big for a pigeon) bird for Thanksgiving, I was convinced the poor thing was bird flu infested, I opted to steer clear. Darren, Mark's older brother made a song about it...."On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me..a pigeon on the back porch." It was a memorable time with the pigeon.
On to my mom's house......Food, games, good times. We always have Christmas with my Gramma & Papa since they go to Florida before Christmas actually comes. Tristan got his Buzz Lightyear, and Mac...from The Cars Movie. He was overjoyed...that is all he wanted from Santa. I guess Santa will have to use his imagination now....Thanks Gramma!!! My Aunt Tracie & Uncle Tim came up from Lincoln Park and brought my cousin, Brandi, with them. It was so nice to see everyone.
I don't have any special stories from my parent's house, no pigeons. My Aunt did bring her little dog, Snuggles, with her and Joy had a new friend, or should I say cousin, to play with. Those two were so funny chasng each other around and playing, just like kids. Joy is such a jealous little thing, she could barely stand another dog getting attention. She is such a JOY!!! It was a great time. 
Sorry if this is not one of my better blogs, but I had to talk about that pigeon.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
A Pigeon for Thanksgiving Dinner.......
Posted by The Bendele Fam at Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
like the pic of joy and snuggles, I guess u got the pic i sent. hope u liked them, we all had a great time up their spending time with family and good food.
Aunt Tracie
Post a Comment