We never had this tradition in our family. It just never caught on. I think that it would really be neat to go around and say what everyone is thankful for. I know the boys would be thankful for hot wheels, with no exception to my dad who loves hot wheels as well. I know Garrett would be thankful for being able to sit by her Nana's (in the past it would be in her red chair, but she is too big now, sorry sis), away from her brother. I would be thankful for God's grace and mostly his love. Mark would be thankful that Garth has a new album out for him to buy. The whole New Year's Resolution process begins at this time I think.
Holidays always had, and still have, a special place in my heart. I have always enjoyed being around my family at the holidays. Even if my brother and I got into a huge fight, it was afterall, tradition. I always had a great, memorable time. The reason I said the New Year's Resolution Process begins now, because for me it does. I start thinking about the year, and the fact the old year is almost over, and what I have accomplished as far as goals. When I turned 30 this was a really hard time for me. I wanted to be finished with school at that time, I had not even started. That was around the time we moved to Ann Arbor. That was a year of major change for me.
Last year about this time I had a major moment where I was sitting home, no job, being a stay at home mom. I was lonely and sort of sad, even though I loved being there for my kids. It was then I decided to go back to school, BEST decision of my life. I know that I did the very best thing for my family by choosing to change who I was. I have had major overhaul on my self perception since then. I knew I wanted to change who I was and I am a better wife, mother, friend, daughter, and person because of it. I used to think I was doing something for just me, my selfish time I was calling it. I know now I am doing it for everyone, but it makes me feel good.
After all...I am thankful for a great husband. He supports everything I do, even if I am not in the kitchen when he gets home from work making him a warm meal with yummy goodies for dessert. I am definitely thankful for my kids, they have been understanding and patient with me. After all is said and done they still give me great big hugs and love me. I am definitely thankful for my mom, especially these days, no one will ever really know how special she is to me (I could talk all day, it still would not be enough). I am thankful for my dad, he is a great papa, a true child at heart. I am so thankful my brother is doing good, years of prayer are starting to pay off, thankful to God for that one. I am thankful for my grandparents. I have a relationship with them and I can share all my life's joys. I hope that one day I can be a blessing to my grand kids and great grand kids as they have been to me and my children.
I could go on all day about what I am thankful for. I have a lot to be happy about and little to grieve over. My life has definitely had ups and downs...the lessons learned were from the hard times and the strength came from the good times. I have had a few more downs in my time and that would be one more thing to be thankful for. I think that for this Thanksgiving I will be enjoying the time with my family. Every minute is a memory. Cesare Pavese, an Italian poet, said it best, "We do not remember days we remember moments." I am always taking pictures in my head, things to remember, moments to cherish. Little laughs and big smiles, sad tears and joyous hugs. It is all special to me. I try so hard to enjoy them and cherish each moment so I do not miss a single thing.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!
Papa this blog is for you. You have inspired me to keep writing these blogs. I love you!
Sunday, November 11, 2007
I am Thankful for.......
Posted by The Bendele Fam at Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We are very thankful Mark found you and that you are so good to him and your kids! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
im thankful for my great family
Traci I hope u get the pic I just sent to everyone, so when u do your blog about thanksgiving u can add the pic
Post a Comment