CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday TREVOR!!!!


(Trevor and my neice, Chelsea. She is six months older than him.)

Yes, that is exactly right, Trevor had a birthday on August 16, which was Saturday. He was up north AGAIN this year for his birthday and I only got to talk to him on the phone for a brief minute. Well, he is a 14 year old young adult now. How the years have flown by. I know he would not appreciate all the sappy, sad details of how I am feeling so I won't do it.

I will however say that over the years TJ has come a long way and he continues to surprise us all the time. He is a good kid and he is a lot like my dad in many ways. He is still a kid but getting a taste of adulthood every now and then as well. As a matter of fact over the weekend, Uncle Dennis (see note at bottom about this "uncle"), let Trevor drive his truck. Trevor assured me that it was "only 15 miles and hour, he could not even turn the corners it was so slow". Before you know it he will be driving my vehicle, but will probably not be doing the slow 15 MPH that he did in uncle Dennis' truck. He was my sweet baby at one point and now he claims to be my bodyguard. HE says to me all the time, "Mom, if any one ever tries to hurt you they are going to have to get through me, I MEAN IT!" So there you go, I have my own personal security officer by my side....so go ahead and mess with me.



Anyhow, I love this kid even when he is being a "normal" teenager. (By normal I mean that every now and then his head spins and he spews green vomit everywhere. Can we get an exorcism on a teenager or do I just have to wait it out like every other parent? I just want my sweet, before teen age years, boy back.)


Happy Birthday Punko!!!!



(When Trevor was little he just adored my brother, Mike. Well he also adored Uncle Dennis, Marks younger brother, for very different reasons. Dennis is just crazy, where Mike is just silly. Well we used to ask Trevor in front of each uncle, "Who is the best uncle EVER?" To which he would reply that the "favorite uncle" was whoever we were visiting at the time. If we were with Uncle Dennis it was him, if we were at Mike's, it was Mike. Well we used to say, "I thought Uncle Mike was you favorite, and he was just stay quiet, he did not want to hurt Uncle Dennis' feelings. So at the time we were planning Trevor's 5Th birthday party, both uncles would be at this event. So when both the uncles arrived we asked Trevor, poor kid, who is your favorite uncle now Trevor? I think his response was a totally different uncle, like uncle Jeff or something. It was hilarious. But he adores all the uncles because they all do very different things with him. I am sure Uncle Dennis is high on the greatness pole right now for letting him drive)

2 comments:

Ms Watley said...

I'M not finished reading yet but yay!!!!so far sooooo awesome!!

Unknown said...

dennis will always be second