CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 22, 2008

A Box of Cards and Other Stories From the Bendele Fam

I have been meaning to post about Christmas at my parent's house for a while. I know it is already to the end of February and getting into March but this one was too funny to pass up. I will admit I actually forgot about it until recently. Then I have another cute story to follow that happened today.

We were at my parent's house and normally we would let each child open one gift at a time....a tradition that I think will start up again next year, the kids are old enough to be a little more patient. Anyway in all the mess (I use that term, because it was a MESS, paper flying, bows flying, oh my, the flashbacks),(just a little note, as soon as we got to my parent's house Tristan saw all the presents, he knew exactly which ones were his, he was so excited. Out of all the Christmas' with my family I think this one will stand out, he was so excited, so he kind of started the "mess"). We were trying to pay attention to all the kids, but poor Trevor was over in the corner and no one could really see him. He had opened his present, which I saw, and I noticed a look of sheer disappointment, but then reverted quickly to the other five children (my sister has three, I have three, they were all there, six kids, all tearing into packages at the same time, it was very exciting). After all was said and done Mark asked Trevor what he got. To which he answered (very sad like), "I got Christmas cards." Side note, all Trevor wanted was boxer shorts and a video game, boxer shorts he already had a bazillion of, but wanted more. Some people have a shoe fetish, my boy likes clean undies. So my mom quickly jumped in and said, "Look inside of the boxes!!!" You never saw a happier kid, or a crowd laughing so hard they might pee their pants, maybe those boxers might come in handy. Oh my, it was so hilarious. He got a couple of t-shirts and not one, BUT two video games. Before we left home, to head north, I reminded him to grab his game boy....I knew what my mom and dad got him. Do you think we saw Trevor at all the rest of the night??? No, he was playing his video games. I am going to love retelling that story over and over again.

Fast forward to today, just now. I am doing my thing, Tristan doing his thing. We potty trained him during the summer last year. Well we are having a little bit of trouble getting him to lift the toilet seat. It has been a battle to say the least. So every time I use the bathroom and I have to wipe the toilet seat before I actually can "go" and I remind my less than neat four-year old that he really needs to lift the seat. Mark reminds him, Trevor and Garrett even remind him. So today, just now he ran to the bathroom and I heard, "MOMMY you are a bad girl, you need to lift this toilet seat up." I then remind him he was the last one to use that toilet....we have two, he likes the one in my bedroom...same toilet, he just prefers that one...strange kiddo. He then tells me that I was the last one to use that bathroom and I was bad because I don't follow the directions. Well I guess that is it folks, I know how to stand and go pee, apparently I need to learn how to lift the seat now. If you do not understand my children's humor, no I did not undergo a sex change operation....that's just how we operate here in the Bendele Household. We are a little unorthodox at times and well, just plain silly most of the other times.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am still laughing about the christmas cards...i think that is one of my favorite trevor stories...