My thermometer says it is 57 degrees outside. I was cleaning my house but thought I would take a break and enjoy a blog about spring. As I was reading my friend Janiece's blog about how the Cooper family went for a bike ride yesterday I was reminded that Spring is so very close. Spring is defined as the season after winter, before summer that falls in the months of March, April and May. The season does not officially start until March 20 ending on June 21. So here I am on March 14, windows open in the house. Good thing too, it was so stuffy in the house of ours. The fresh air is just pouring in. Which brings me to my next thought....spring cleaning, renewal, refreshing start, new life.....notice any similarities in those words.
Is it any wonder that Easter, the resurrection of Jesus, the son of God is in the Spring??? I never noticed a correlation, but this year I do. This is a time of year when we clean out all the gunk from our homes, all the gunk from our garages or sheds, we buy new clothes, the trees get new leaves, pretty flowers are planted, we see all sorts of new animals join the world, maybe new human babies as well, I love spring babies. This is a great time for us to clean out the gunk from other places as well..wink..wink. I know that is what I plan on doing. It is going to start with me finishing up the cleaning that I started today, then on to other projects I have been meaning to do as well. I have a plan to get a new devotional book for myself and for my family (something I have been saying I am going to do for months now), and I am going to start cleaning out some built up gunk in my heart. But first I need to go finish scrubbing the toilet.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Spring is in FULL Swing...(at least for today)
Posted by The Bendele Fam at Friday, March 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Excellent thoughts, Traci! So true and I love the parallel.
Post a Comment