CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!



Today is a very special day. It is my grandparents 55-th anniversary. 55 years of living with each other, good times, bad times, happiness, tears, 2 children, 4 grandchildren, and 6 great-grandchildren. All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a blessing it has been to be a part of this loving family. Well happy EMERALD anniversary Gramma & Papa, we love you and CANNOT wait until you get home in May, which has a birthstone, Emerald.

Sidenote:
Funny thing, my mom mentioned it was an emerald anniversary, well my parents 30-th anniversary is coming up and we were wondering what the symbol for that is...maybe toilet paper she said. Well I looked it up and the flower is the sweet pea...that is my anniversary...Mark calls me his sweet pea, and the gem is pearl but diamonds are used, imagine that.

For the birthday....I left the anniversary less sappy because this is a birthday girl who I love very much. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!!! I have known Amanda almost twelve years, one of my closest friends I met during my first year in Mount Pleasant. Amanda has ambition like no body I have ever met. Right now as I type this up she is finishing her doctorate degree, so smart this one. Amanda went to Central Assembly, her and her crew used to sit in front of us. The church had an adopt-a-student program so we adopted Amanda and her friend Rebecca....at that time partners, God has brought them both so far, I thank God every day for them. Well needless to say I was less than thrilled, how could I form a relationship with these two girls, what I developed was a sisterhood, a friendship based on faith. We have traveled together, cried together, laughed, prayed for each other. Amanda was my maid of honor, what an honor it was to have her by my side. I don't know about Amanda, but I miss her...daily. There is not one day that goes by and I do not think about her.



I remember when she was feeling the Lord's call in her life and she knew she had to step aside from her old self. My heart broke for her, to see a person that humble, humbles you, we sat there at Doozies. (Sorry if you are not from Mount Pleasant you will never understand the significance of Doozies ice cream). So we sat there after the place was closed, she contemplated, I listened, she made the best choice of her life. Even though it took her far away from me, now was not the time to be selfish.



Amanda, I am so proud to say that you are my friend. I love you very much and miss you just as much if not more. I pray that God gets you to where you want to be and blesses you with overflowing abundance. You are the most faithful servant, I believe that you were adopted by my family for a reason, if for no more than to give me hope. You were a friend to me from day one and for that I am thankful to you. When you first saw me, you saw despondence and felt the need to pray for me and you did, we had a bond before we ever knew each other. You are very special to me and I hope you have a grand birthday, spent with friends who love you.

I love you and Happy Birthday!!!!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Happy Birthday, AMANDA! WE LOVE YOU!

AND BEV AND DON... Happy ANNIVERSARY! I love you both so much. What an impact you have had on our lives. AND thanks for my Birthday card. Not croaked yet!LOL!

Thanks Traci for keeping us up with the fam!

Shrinkarella said...

This is Amanda Carr (aka Shrinkarella)

Happy belated anniversary Bev and Don! :D

Traci... you [and your entire family] were such a blessing to MY life--relationships orchestrated by God himself! I can't believe you remember the Doozies conversation! You were there with me, loving me unconditionally, at a very pivotal time in my life.

I want to write a more lengthy response to your blogs very soon--they've really moved me... I just popped online briefly... I have dissertation deadline fast-approaching [and you know when I get into reminiscing or deep contemplative mode it's difficult to get me out again-haha].

Thanks for the birthday wishes... I've been a slacker with that this year, so Happy B-Day to you, Mark, and the kids on your respective days! ;)